Sunday, December 8, 2013

Winter Wonderland Holiday Party


Even though I decorate the house for nearly EVERY holiday, Christmas is by far my favorite one of the year. It’s the time of year for special family traditions; where friends & neighbors come together to decorate the yards, and when all just seems a little more cheery and bright.

We host our annual holiday party with friends, neighbors and family where I display my beloved collection of Department 56 Original Snow Village homes for all to enjoy.  Over the years, I’ve collected over 100 ceramic homes and create a miniature village scene. Everyone really enjoys this tradition we've had and looks forward to it each year--and it’s just so much fun for my husband and I to put this together every year. 

Since our house is usually decked out in “all things holiday”, I don’t usually have a theme but this year decided on having a Winter Wonderland Holiday Party which decorations would included a 20' flower wall, 200+ 4-5’ mirror garlands hanging from the ceiling, over-sized snowflakes—and so much more.

Here are some pictures from our Winter Wonderland Party:

















Since we had over 100 people in attendance, we had the hot chocolate bar, chili bar and the kids cookie decorating table all in our garage and the miniature village (Shae's Snow Village) inside where it was protected and away from the high-traffic areas.

We look forward to next years event!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome winter wonderland holiday party it was. I bet that everyone had an awesome time in this bash. Thanks for the ideas. Well, I also would be hosting a chic birthday bash for my kids and would like to book the one of the rental kids’ special LA venues because then I wouldn’t have to do much planning as everything would be handled by the venue staff.

    ReplyDelete